What to Know about Using a Migration Agent

If you are trying to get a visa or other migration paperwork for Australia, then you may try to do it on your own. The problem with this is that you may overlook important steps or paperwork in the various migration processes. Migrant agents help you, or a future spouse, with all aspects of migration from one country to another. This includes paperwork and processes both in and out of the country. Depending on your location, you may be looking outside of Australia for a migrant agent to assist you. If that is the case, here are some things you need to know about using a migrant agent out of country and what to look for:

Registration Considerations

When you are choosing a migrant agent that is outside of Australia, you need to make sure their registration is in line with what any migrant agent inside of Australia would have. This means they must be registered with the Office of Migration Agents Registration Authority. This can be shortened to OMARA by migration agents advertising their services. This OMARA registration means they are qualified and certified for migration issues and tasks in the country of Australia and can legally help you with your visa and other issues.

Working on Your Behalf

When you hire a migration agent, you will be allowing them to work on your behalf. This means they can represent you through the migration process and handle correspondence as it comes up. This doesn't stop and start with finding and hiring a registered migration agent. You will need to take the information from your migration agent and contact the appropriate departments to notify them you have a migration agent in place. This can be done with two forms: Forms 956 and Q24.

The first form is Form 956, which can be obtained from a migration agent office or online. You will also need your migration agent to sign a Q24 which is a declaration form that you have an agent representing you. This form is signed by the agent. The forms are then put in your file as well as sent with your initial paperwork and applications of migration to the Australian Migration Authority.

Correspondence Considerations

There is a misconception that once you hire a migration agent, you can just let them handle everything from that point. Though they do handle everything for you, you will still need to contact them and keep in contact with them to maintain your paperwork and the process. You want to make sure there is nothing needed on your part and that there are no stumbling blocks that you may not be aware of.

The key point is that once you have found a migration agent, stay in contact with them. This is especially true with an agent located outside of Australia. You do not want to fall through the cracks or find there is an issue that you can no longer fix, which could mean having to start over again. Companies like Fisa Pty Ltd can help make this process a breeze!